Thursday, January 17, 2013

For that I am so grateful

I feel like I'm on the cusp with my Christianity. I'm geographically on a moving bus headed to Philadelphia, and I've been reading Shane Clairborne's The Irresistible Revolution so mentally my imagination has gone into overdrive. I've only read to the second chapter but I already love the book and feel as though I have learned something. One thing is for sure: it is the ideal book to read as I begin this new adventure. Each of my service opportunities and Spring break trips have been experiences of spiritual growth, but they have been short. Clairborne speaks of the difference between being a Christian and acting as one. My hope is that I will be able to take this year and make it my model for life. How can I learn to live as a whole, intentional, and fully aware individual? Perhaps I'll begin by simply focusing.

The final glimpse of my parents was strange and difficult to absorb. My mother's face was pressed against the glass of the bus station wall while my father stood behind her, attempting to remain collected. I'm so lucky to have parents that I get along with. Parents who put up with my occasional lack of common sense, of spacial awareness, of my tendency to take my frustrations out on them. They love me so much, and for that I am so grateful.

Ok, enough rambling. Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment